Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sharing the love.

Ok, so I decided that I am going to try and update this thing more often. Yay! I have been trying to decide lately if I just wanted to write about whatever on here or try to have a theme. I have now decided that I am just going to share whatever I feel like sharing, so I am sure it will be pretty random!

This past year I have really gotten into coupons, saving money and stockpiling. I love it! I love that I am saving my family money every week! I love that I am getting more bang for my buck. I love that I have been getting so many items for free, nearly free or basically getting paid to remove an item from a store! :)

I have always loved coupons but I never REALLY understood how to make them work for me to get the best deal, I have to say too that I am no professional AT ALL but I am learning more and more every week. I have found many internet sites and blogs that have really helped me to understand what it is that I am doing.

I am not going to go back through all of my receipts or anything, I am just going to start fresh with my posting about this today.

So, today I went to CVS. If you think CVS is no good, then you are wrong my friend, very wrong. This is the place where I find my best deals and let me tell you it starts to become an addiction. Its my hobby, yes shopping CVS is a hobby of mine. I have a lot of fun there. You would be doing the happy dance as well if you left there today paying only $3 something dollars OOP (out of pocket) and you had all of this:

Photobucket



All of this because I:
Cut and file just about every coupon in the Sunday paper (or wherever else I may find them) every week and browse the ads matching coupons with sale prices. I do this with CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, Bashas's, Fry's, Target...blah blah blah. I have always enjoyed looking at the ads, but this is just WAY more fun I tell ya!

To organize my coupons I first started with just a small coupon accordion file type thingy...well I have moved on from that, my friend as that little guy was just not doing it for me anymore. I never thought I would move on to a binder, but it was necessary.

Here she is in all her glory:


Photobucket


and here is a little peak inside:


Photobucket
That is one good lookin' binder if I do say so myself.

I take this big fat wallet with me when I do my shopping, tell me I'm weird, call me a nerd, do what you will. I'm saving money. Yahoo!

That is all for today, I will see what I can come up with later.

2 comments:

Swasey family said...

Alls I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!!I am so proud of you!ANd also very proud that are doing more of the blogging!!!Keep it up, its soo much fun!!

LeVander Family said...

that is amazing! i also am becoming addicted to saving money:) i try to shop the adds too, and i also do alot of price matching at walmart. could you send me some of the websites you go to?